2016 Past Events
- Nightclub and Bar Show – March 8-9, 2016 - Las Vegas, NV - *Trade* Brian's Notes: I had a great time at this show; listen to my interview with Jesse Greenleaf at the famous Duke's bar in Hawaii on Bartender Journey Podcast No.154!
- Bar Institute:Northeast – April 17-19, 2016 – Baltimore, MD - *Trade*
Hazel's Notes; This is where I met Brian, so I wholeheartedly endorse the Bar Institute events!
- Bar Institute:Southwest – May 1-3, 2016 – Phoenix, AZ - *Trade*
- Water of Life: Whisky Charity Event – May 12, 2016 - *Open to the Public*
Brian's Notes: I was invited to this event's inaugural debut in 2014. The Water of Life event is an annual whisky fundraiser hosted by Matthew J Lurin, a whisky aficionado whose stepfather is a GIST patient. GIST (Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors) is a group of cancers called soft tissue sarcomas. Sarcomas are a rare type of cancer that can occur in connective tissues, bones, muscles, fat, nerves, blood vessels, and cartilage. This fundraising event will help raise money towards critical research that is dedicated to finding a cure for GIST.
- Bar Institute:Central – June 12-14, 2016 – Austin, TX - *Trade*
Brian's Notes: Attended Bar Institute:Northeast in Baltimore in April and had a great time at the classes and evening events! The instructors are industry experts and the tickets are low cost; there is NO REASON NOT to go!
- Whisky Jewbilee – June 15, 2016 – New York, NY - *Open to the Public*
- Cherry Heering Modern Classic Workshop with Pam Wiznitzer– August 10, 2016 – Miami, FL - *Trade/USBGNY Event*
- Bar Institute:Southeast – August 21-23, 2016 – Miami, FL - *Trade*
- Bar Institute:Northwest – September 25-27, 2016 – Portland, OR - *Trade*
- Bar Institute:Nationals – Nov 6-10, 2016 – New York, NY - *Trade*
- Edible Bartender Symposium - November 29, 2016 - Hyde Park, NY - *Trade*
In partnership with Woodford Reserve, we are hosting our first Bartender Symposium at the Culinary Institute of America.
We are looking for New York’s best bartenders and spirited professionals to be our guests at Hyde Park’s prestigious Culinary Institute of America for a symposium focused on how bartenders are changing the culinary landscape by bringing drinks out from behind the bar and onto the dinner table.
- Mezcal Night at Oficina Latina - December 5, 2016 - New York, NY - *Open to the Public*
Join us at Oficina Latina on Monday December 5th from 6 to 9pm for a night made for agave lovers.Panorama Mezcal will be hosting a tasting with ten top producers and their expressions of mezcal.
- Tampa Repeal Day Conference - Dates TBD, however Repeal Day itself is December 5. - Tampa, FL
Brian's Notes: Attended for the first time in 2015. The event is produced by the Tampa Chapter of the United States Bartender’s Guild (USBG). A very intimate conference, which makes it great! You really get to know the wonderful people from the USBG as well as the presenters and sponsors. The Conference ends with a spectacular Gala in which the public is invited in. Repeal Day is the celebration of the day Prohibition ended on December 5, 1933. The Gala is an amazing party with a huge variety of Craft Cocktails, Fabulous Entertainment, Mock Casio etc etc. Can’t say enough good things about this event. For Bartender Journey coverage of the event listen to episodes 140 & 14
- Barcraft Live! - Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 3 pm ET start - Online (Google Hangout),